PURSUIT AND RAPID RESPONSE
The training objective is to develop high speed driving and advanced techniques to quickly close to a target in order to conduct surveillance or to respond rapidly to provide mutual support to a friendly team / asset with additional firepower, medical evacuation or surveillance capacity.
- Thrill-seeking petrol heads who want to enjoy the most exhilarating and exciting day out available anywhere
- Professionals in the security or stunt industries and military or police personnel who wish to enhance their skill-set
Rear Wheel Drive medium-large sized saloon cars with manual transmission are used to develop car control on a sealed surface. Vehicle dynamics (weight transfer and grip) will be explored to extract the maximum performance from each vehicle.
- Develop high speed driving and advanced techniques to quickly close to a target in order to conduct surveillance
- Respond rapidly to provide mutual support to a friendly team / asset with additional firepower, medical evacuation or surveillance capacity
- Vehicle dynamics (weight transfer and grip) will be explored to extract the maximum performance from the vehicle
- RWD manual saloon cars
- Sealed surface (Tarmac)
- High speed driving skills
- Grip-limit handling skills
- Pursuit and Evasion techniques
- Mobile Surveillance skills
ADVANCED PURSUIT DRIVING
This course is the next step after the successful completion of the Pursuit 1 course. Advanced Pursuit Driving techniques will build on the fundamentals developed during Pursuit 1. As before, the programme training objectives are to use ordinary RWD cars on a loose surface, together with plain clothes/surveillance kit for under-cover operations. Having revised and consolidated the fundamental skills taught in Pursuit 1, highspeed RWD cornering skills form the majority of the Pursuit 2 programme. An extremely intense high-pressure final exercise will pressure-test every manoeuvre and technique taught in Pursuit 1 & Pursuit 2 in an immersive, realistic scenario.
- Age: 18 or over
- Height: 5ft 2ins – 6ft 6ins
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Licence required? Yes, full UK manual driving licence for at least 1 year. This must be presented on the day.
International full manual licences/permits are acceptable on the condition that the driver can communicate well in English.