This course will teach you the skills that enable SWAT teams in high performance 4WD vehicles to intercept enemy vehicles.
- Thrill-seeking petrol heads who want to enjoy the most exhilarating and exciting day out available anywhere
- Professionals in the security or stunt industries and military or police personnel who wish to enhance their skill-set
You will develop your car control skills on a loose surface to exploit the maximum performance of the car, progressing to intercept drills against a vehicle-mounted enemy.
- SWAT teams in high performance vehicles intercept Enemy vehicles
- High-performance 4WD vehicles on loose / low-grip surface
- Loose surface driving
- Weight-transfer techniques
- Handbrake turns
- Power sliding
- Advanced techniques including left-foot braking and Pendulum turns
- Aggressor / Intercept drills
ADVANCED INTERCEPTOR SKILLS
The course is the follow-on from the Interceptor 1 course in which SWAT teams in high-performance 4WD vehicles interdict Enemy vehicles. The focus is on consolidating the loose-surface car control taught in Interceptor 1 and developing advanced techniques to enable trainees to exploit the full performance of the vehicle as they close rapidly to the target vehicle. The “Action On” drills at the target will be taught, practiced then subsequently pressure-tested in an intensive final exercise.
- Age: 18 or over
- Height: 5ft 2ins – 6ft 6ins
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Licence required? Yes, full UK manual driving licence for at least 1 year. This must be presented on the day.
International full manual licences/permits are acceptable on the condition that the driver can communicate well in English.